Application Instructions, Forms & Other Resources
Thank you for your interest in the Hispanic National Bar Foundation’s 2020 Future Latino Leaders Summer Law Institute. Please read carefully the information on this page before completing your application.
The Future Latino Leaders Summer Law Institute is designed to provide Latino high school students like you with the opportunity to learn more about the legal profession. This year, the Law Institute will take place from July 11-19, 2020, in Washington, D.C. All participants will stay on the George Washington University Foggy Bottom Campus and be chaperoned by adult law school students and HNBF staff. Throughout the week, students will engage in workshops on leadership and receive legal instruction in preparation for the Mock Trial. Students will have the opportunity to meet with lawyers, judges, and officials of the United States government and learn about their career paths.
Ready to apply?
- Be a high school student in good standing currently enrolled as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior;
- Have an interest in learning about law school and entering the legal profession (the student will provide details on this in their essay responses);
- Be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or have other valid immigration authorization, and MUST have government-issued identification; and
- Have a demonstrated interest in helping your community and building your leadership skills.
Although there is no cost to participate, applicants must pay a non-refundable $50 application fee (see payment options below), unless a waiver of this fee is requested and granted. Students are responsible for arranging transportation to and from Washington, D.C. unless a need-based transportation scholarship is granted. The HNBF covers all other costs associated with Law Institute.
Thank you again for your interest in applying. Once we receive your completed application packet, we will notify you by email. Applications missing any of the above will be considered incomplete. We will contact accepted applicants at the end of May.
If you have any questions about the Law Institute or the application process, please contact Shelby Kaiser, Manager of Programs and Events, at email@example.com or (786) 310-2749.
Forms and Other Resources to Help Complete the Application Process
- Letters of Recommendation Info Letter
- Rules and Regulations Form
- Application Fee Waiver & Travel Assistance Form
- Essay Topics & Requirements
- NOTE: An application fee waiver form can be downloaded by clicking the link above. Completed Fee Waiver Form should be emailed to Shelby Kaiser at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ms. Kaiser will respond within 24-hours to let you know if your fee will be waived.
APPLICATION FEE ($50)
Secure online payment via credit/debit card:
Make check payable to The Hispanic National Bar Foundation, with student’s name on the notes line of the check, and mail to:
Hispanic National Bar Foundation
Attn: Maribel Torres
8401 Connecticut Ave | Suite 1202 | Chevy Chase, MD 20815
The student application period has ended.
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Future Latino Leaders Summer Law Institute.